Number of vacancies
Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield About the job
Up to £59,589
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
4 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Senior Test Engineer to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is sing fresh ideas and leading edge technologies, and putting the user at the centre of everything we do, to create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
You’re an experienced engineer, so you have the skills to lead teams to build and assure applications and products that work for DWP staff and claimants.
You will be part of a multi-functional agile delivery team where you’ll shape and deliver automated test solutions that enable the department to deliver quality services for people who really need them.
You lead by directing others, sharing technical insight and best practice, but also by collaborating. You’ll actively seek input from colleagues and, like us, you care about how good an idea is much more than hierarchy.
We’re hiring you because we want your skills and we want your expert voice. You’ll challenge current processes and help improve our ways of working, as well as identify tooling that will drive innovation and constant improvement of both testing and products.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need to demonstrate?
• Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders.
• Agile Methodologies – with experience of BDD (behaviour driven development) and TDD (test driven development) processes, and an understanding of the key principles to develop a modern standards approach to testing.
• Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery – Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT, Jenkins).
• An understanding of the following test phases and standards associated to Performance Test, Accessibility Test, Security Test and Compatibility Test.
Details. Workplace. Pay.
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £59,589 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org