Number of vacancies
Blackpool or Manchester
£49,171 — Up to £59,589 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
9 May 2021
- Do you want to use your testing and coding skills to help us deliver value to millions of people during difficult times of their lives?
- Can you work in a complex, agile environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team?
- Do you understand the phases and standards associated to Performance Test, Accessibility Test, Security Test and Compatibility Test?
- Do you have experience of Behavioural Driven Development & Test Driven Development practices?
- Do you understand Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery practices and tools like Gitlab CI, Jenkins?
- Would you like to put your experience of API/Events testing and tools e.g. Postman, Karate to the test in the biggest of government departments?
Yes? Click APPLY NOW. We’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join our team. We’re driven by the idea of using the latest tech, tooling and thinking to build products and services that will help people at the most difficult times of their lives.
You will be part of creating the Governments flagship welfare reform programme, which will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year.
And our pension offer is amazing – with circa 27% contributions from your employer – so you’re working towards a better future for you and your family while you’re helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also make sure our people have a really good work/life balance. You’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off.
Duties. Work. Projects.
As a Test Engineer you’ll ensure that usability, accessibility, security, stability and capacity are embedded in the development of services used by millions of people. Where there are defects or issues preventing delivery of Test activities, they’ll be escalated to you.
You’re a test expert so you will define the approach for test infrastructure setup, and the use of outputs to drive technical improvements. You’ll help us in identifying appropriate technical test tools for the job at hand.
You will monitor performance of the test suite and identify how this can be improved, reducing our technical debt.
We also want to drive standardisation by sharing reusable libraries and services, experience and lessons learned with other DWP teams. We’re a huge organisation so there are loads of opportunities to share and learn from each other as we continue to grow capability in our thriving communities of practice.
Where will you work?
For this role, you’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs in either Blackpool or Manchester.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at the site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link