|Number of vacancies||5|
|Location||Leeds, London, Newcastle-upon-Tyne|
|Salary||up to £63,079|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||5 December 2019|
Senior Test Engineer: Up to £63,079 with 27% pension contributions, flexible working, work life balance and great benefits
You are an experienced Test Engineer, so you know what this role looks like.
You might not expect to find it in DWP, the UK’s largest government department. You may not have worked on digital projects at this scale, as part of a once-in-a-generation transformation of products and services used by millions of people every day.
This is an unprecedented time for digital, data and technology specialists as DWP harnesses digital technologies, skills and tools to transform public services on a global scale.
We’re offering is a career-enhancing role where you will have access to the latest technologies and techniques to delivery meaningful, high profile work. You will enjoy the security, flexibility and work-life balance that a brilliant civil service offers, and the chance to help put innovative digital solutions into hands of the people that need them most.
You and your role
You capable and credible enough to take on big responsibilities. You will define the overall testing strategy, provide technical leadership and guidance to test engineering teams, with oversight of all testing activities.
You know Testing inside out and you stay on top of the latest trends. You’ll use that knowledge and experience to ensure that best practices are in place, and drive improvements by sharing knowledge and resources across teams. You’ll help us drive innovation and standardisation by sharing reusable libraries and services, experience, and lessons learned with other DWP teams.
You will have the chance lead multiple Test Engineering teams, providing technical leadership and guidance, and to work with and as part of multi-disciplinary agile teams with engineers, architects, analyst, designers and researchers.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- You have experience of working with Test Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack.
- You’ve used Behaviour Driven Development tools.
- You’ve experience of modifying and maintaining tests developed by other Associate and Test Engineers.
- You have tested software within a Micro-Service architecture.
- You’ve worked in environments using different delivery methods; Agile, Iterative, Waterfall.
- You are aware of Performance Test Tools including HPE Loadrunner v12.53+, JMeter v3.0.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join our team in our brilliant hub in either Leeds, Newcastle, London. Find out more about your preferred location here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £63,079 a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com