|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£47,971 — £58,135|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Closing date||1 April 2020|
Test Engineer: Up to £58,135 with 27% pension contributions, flexible working, work life balance and great benefits
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is an unprecedented time for digital, data and technology specialists in DWP, as government harnesses digital technologies, skills and tools to transform public services on a global scale.
We want a Test Engineering leader to come and work with us on a number of exciting projects in the North West. We want to hear from people with skills in a range of testing disciplines, including functional, performance, security, and accessibility, and people who have a strong knowledge of Test Automation.
Our Manchester-based teams are already transforming the services we provide for people approaching retirement age. This has enabled us to change the way people interact with DWP, empowering people to become self-sufficient and better informed about their pension entitlement. We are looking to apply the same approach and vision across all the benefits and services we provide to the millions of people that use and rely on DWP services.
Here you will be responsible for defining the overall testing strategy, provide technical leadership and guidance to test engineering teams, and have oversight of all testing activities.
In the Testing Practice we are developing our capability through the use of automation, agile principles, and implementing modern tools and technologies to deliver the best quality services, and we’re committed to helping our testers be at their very best, whether that means formal training, coaching or just working alongside experts from across the Test, Engineering and Digital communities.
Duties. Work. Projects.
- Set the strategic direction for product teams and the Test Engineering community.
- Lead multiple Test Engineering teams, providing technical leadership and guidance.
- Lead delivery of testing activities, ensuring that quality, time and cost objectives are met.
- Define the approach for test infrastructure setup and use outputs to drive technical improvements.
- Identify appropriate required technical test tools.
- Drive standardization by sharing reusable libraries and services, experience, and lessons learned with other DWP teams.
- Drive collaboration by aligning what teams are working on and highlighting the key dependencies, impacts and priorities.
- Lead community discussions around the latest technology trends, tools, and best practices within Test Engineering.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary Agile test team
- Experience with implementing test engineering best practices.
- An understand Agile delivery principles, methodology and tools.
- Knowledge of the latest technical test tools and where it would be beneficial to apply them including Java, Selenium and Cucumber.
- Experience with analyzing and selection various test tools.
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in our brilliant new digital hub in Manchester.
Find out more about here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/Manchester
At DWP Digital we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com