|Salary||Up to £49,096|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||28 August 2019|
If you’re creative with a passion for learning new things, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring your ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Senior Test Engineer to join DWP’s DDSP project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation tech-driven reform of government products and services.
What is DDSP?
Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms evolves and transforms some of the most critical systems in DWP, unleashing the potential of Digital services to reduce overheads, cost and friction for citizen and agent-facing services.
You’ll join one of our great teams in Integration Technologies, Payment Services or Citizen Information. We all work together to enable the successful delivery of services across DWP.
- Integration Technologies: We’re implementing an Application Programming Interface (API) led integration strategy to create products to drive frictionless data sharing across DWP and other government departments.
- Payment Services: Our team is innovating and deploying industry shaping Fintech, facilitating around 32% of the BACS payment transactions in the UK’s payments infrastructure serving some 22m citizens, who collectively receive a total of £170bn in payments annually.
- Citizen Information. We’re maintaining and protecting the personal records of 110 million people, to create faster and more efficient bulk data sharing, more accurate benefit assessments and better debt recovery across DWP and beyond.
You and your role
As a Senior Test Engineer within Integration Technologies you will help define the overall test approach in our Manchester hub with oversight over other co-located testers. Providing technical leadership and guidance to test engineering teams, you will look over all testing activities. You will ensure that best practices are in place, and drive improvements by sharing knowledge and resources across teams and sites.
This role will be overseeing several important projects, working in the integration team who primarily work on micro services. As you will be generally working on API services, we are looking for someone with a good understanding of middleware and API testing, with an ability to do performance testing.
We’ll offer you lots of autonomy, but you’ll also be well-supported by your expert team. We are at an important point in our team’s evolution. We’re moving over to a new product and changing the way we work, setting up a platform to host reusable APIs. It’s a challenging but exciting time.
What are we looking for?
• Non Functional Testing
• Methods and Tools
• Technical Breadth
For this role we are looking for someone with experience of the full testing lifecycle particularly in integration testing and in using API’s, UI testing is not required for this role (but great if you can do it).
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in Manchester. We’re right in the heart of the city on St Peter’s Square so really handy for train, tram, bus or bike. If you do cycle in then we offer a basement lock up for your bike (with showers).
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
In Channels we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £49,096, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
• And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org