|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£35,310 — up to £40,666|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more
|Closing date||2 November 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a Service Designer to join our Digital Workplace team in DWP Digital. – an ambitious and innovative programme that is making a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens and around 90,000 DWP colleagues.
Digital Workplace is one of the largest and most ambitious digital transformation programmes in Europe today. The programme underpins the annual processing of 5m benefit claims, all pension and benefit payments and supports over 84,000 colleagues working in 850 locations.
This important programme is at the heart of the Government’s digital change agenda. It incorporates an end-to-end suite of products and services that are owned by in-house multi-disciplinary teams and developed in partnership with end-users. Through agile, problem solving methodologies our teams are creating and rolling-out new ways of working that are empowering colleagues and delivered at scale.
Design. Workplaces. Problem-solving.
As Service Designer your work will shape the strategic design vision and help us answer the question “What will a Digital Workplace look like for users in the future?”
Your skills and service design methods will be used to support users in journeys that cover everything from their physical workspace to the devices and software they use on a day-to-day basis and how these experiences can be made better by designing based on user needs.
You will be comfortable defining problems and hypotheses from research insights, and facilitating workshops with service and product teams. You will be comfortable in ensuring design consistency across a range of service and product areas, and work with stakeholders to design new Digital Workplace services making sure that user needs are always fully considered in future technology decisions.
You are able to work independently. You are happy using service design methods, communicating with stakeholders, and using design to enable effective decision-making across a service.
We share our work openly so you’ll be communicating in meetups, across business areas, and beyond as an advocate for Service Design.
Please click this link to find out more about Service Design in DWP Digital on our blog
What skills and experience are we looking for?
• An understanding of user needs and design services that meet them and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams to understand user behaviour and feedback.
• Demonstration of good working knowledge of service design in practice.
• Analysing research findings, data, insight gathering, critical thinking, cost saving opportunities and concept generation.
• Having a strong awareness of qualitative and quantitative research methods to service user needs and work with researchers to conduct these studies.
• Planning and facilitating workshops to drive actionable outcomes.
• Aligning and supporting communications with product owners and policy colleagues to define the customer journey and articulating the vision for products and services.
• Understanding as-is service design and identifying improvement opportunities.
• Analysing pain points within services and build design solutions that fulfil user needs and business outcomes.
• Technical proficiency in prototyping and User centred analysis.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team at our digital hub in Manchester. Based in the city centre and easily accessible by tram, bus or rail, our facilities include a TechBar, café, cycle shelter, showers, Wudu washing facilities.
Have a closer look at the facilities via this link.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Click this link to check out tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital
And also here.