|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£34,448 — Up to £39,674|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
|Closing date||18 October 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Service Designer to join our growing community of designers and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Focusing on personal and professional development, the team then knows how much is required in order for success. We care about our people over anything else.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Click this hyperlink to check out how DWP Digital Service Designers do things.
You and your role
Using your experience and awareness of service performance and improvement needs, you will help drive successful service outcomes.
With understanding of user needs and awareness of business or policy goals, you are able to understand strategy and decision making.
An ability to visualise whole services, both end to end and front to back, across business areas or departments results in the reduction or removal of issues and problems.
You are comfortable representing and advocating for user-centred design, in regular professional meetups and training, where you support your peers and senior service designers.
With a understanding of good practice you make sure that useful guidance, tools and patterns are available across services and teams to solve recurring problems for users.
We are especially interested in applications if you are able to demonstrate that you can:
- Understand user needs and design services that meet them and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to understand user behaviour and feedback.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of service design in practice.
- Analyse research findings, data, insight gathering, critical thinking, cost saving opportunities and concept generation.
- Have a strong awareness of qualitative and quantitative research methods to service user needs and work with researchers to conduct these studies.
- Plan and facilitate workshops to drive actionable outcomes.
- Align and support the communication with product owners and policy colleagues to define the customer journey and articulate the vision for products and services.
- Understand as-is service design and identify improvement opportunities.
- Analyse pain points within services and build design solutions that fulfil user needs and business outcomes.
- Technical proficiency in prototyping and User centred analysis.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us at our brilliant digital hub in Leeds. A real centre for digital expertise and innovation, the hub is based in the city centre and is easily accessible by bus, rail and bike. We have facilties including a leisure centre with swimming pool, a great canteen, cycle shelter, coffee shops and more.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org