|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Newcastle, Sheffield or Blackpool|
|Salary||Up to £43,653|
|Work hours||37.5 hours per week|
Up to 10% pension and up to 10% bonus, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||10 December 2019|
Are you a Service Implementation Release Warrior? Are you an ambassador in Customer Service Improvement (CSI)? Are you ready to join is in a massive digital challenge?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Service Implementation Manager to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
The Implementation Manager is responsible for the effective planning, co-ordination and implementation of all technical products and activities necessary to implement full system upgrades, Infrastructure upgrades, scans and ad-hoc activities on the DWP account from multiple solution providers. This work normally takes place outside of normal office hours to avoid impact on live services and the post holder will be expected to be available 24/7 and at short notice.
This is a “hands on” Implementation Manager not really a Service Transition Manager role within different projects including Pensions VMER, Cloud , Working Age and Children and Analytics Data Service (ChADS).
You’ll be the central point of contact responsible for implementation across different functions into live environment including dress rehearsals and moving data bases. You’ll be responsible for crafting the implementation plan ensuring that around 12-15 releases per month are on track.
The role involves working weekends starting on Friday and you’ll troubleshoot and roll back if the implementation hits any problems. You can work remotely from home at weekends and prep and co-ordinate prior to releases. You’ll be working with a dedicated team 6 who can support and share the “on call” rota.
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to comfortably chair meetings with various levels of staff across multi-vendor situations.
- Support collaborative working with teams, stakeholders and suppliers across multiple vendors : DWP, BPDTS, DXC, IBM
- Understanding of the escalation process, who to contact and why on a delivery weekend and willingness to be “on call” and be on site for implementation
- Solid understanding of the Microsoft office package
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Excel, JIRA and Agile methodology
- ITIL certified -desired but not mandatory
- Service Now
- Understanding of Service Management and live service expectations
- Knowledge of DWP IT estate
- Understanding Forward Schedule of Change and working with it and its team
- Change Management Process/ CAB /TechNow and working with the teams
- Microsoft Project
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and some Project Management experience a benefit
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You will join us in one of our modern, vibrant digital hubs in Blackpool, Newcastle or Sheffield. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £43,653 dependant on level of expertise
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
- Learning, dvelopment and career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
How to Apply?
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Job Spec’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org