|Location||Leeds, Manchester or Sheffield|
|Salary||Up to £39,674|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||10 December 2019|
Digital Workplace Project. Digital with Purpose. DWP.
We’re looking for a talented Service Manager with experience with assistive software and technologies to join DWP’s Digital Workplace project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to use your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services that give world class technology solutions to people that need them, whether that’s the millions that access DWP services or our brilliant frontline colleagues.
What is Digital Workplace?
It’s big. Over the last two years diverse DWP Digital teams have established Digital Workplace, an agile and multi-disciplinary service that supports over 84,000 employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications, operating out of more than 800 UK sites, and powering digital products and services used by more than 20 million people across the UK.
We’re modernising. So far we’ve moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising performance.
It’s evolving. We’re improving communication and collaboration with a mix of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we’re making sure our people always have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
You and your role
In DWP our Service Managers collaborate to ensure that our teams meet their targets and deliver in a cost effective and timely manner. You’ll be responsible for end-to-end support services, the end-to-end performance of your product, promoting service quality, value for money, satisfaction and user experience improvements.
In this role you will work on and around assistive technologies like Dragon, Fusion and JAWS, which help our diverse and talented workforce perform at their best. So, experience with assistive technologies and enthusiasm for the potential of technological solutions to create equity of opportunity in the workplace will really help.
If you’ve got Service Management experience, you’ll recognise the shape of this role which includes reporting, incident management, problem management and management of services to agreed targets (SLA and OLAs).
You might not recognise the scale we work at though – we’re the UK’s largest government department. You might not have had the chance to work at putting tech and tooling in the hands of thousands of people to empower them to do more of the high-quality, high value work they love. You may not have been given the opportunity to analyse and own complex issues through to resolution.
You’ll get all that here in DWP’s Digital Workplace project, as our ITSM and assistive technologies expert.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You are an experienced IT Service Manager
- You have experience of supporting and understanding users with sensory or physical impairments as a part of an Accessibility team and/or in a Service Management capacity
- You have experience and knowledge of managing specialist assistive technologies and software (eg, Dragon, JAWS, Read/Write Gold, Fusion, Microsoft Native), user issues, and integration into a larger IT estate
- You have great customer service and stakeholder/relationship management skills
- You have a track record of leadership and collaboration with other teams or departments to troubleshoot and resolve complex incidents and problems
- You are calm under pressure and can build an environment of positive collaboration
- You have experience of a user centric approach with an understanding of user and business needs
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in your choice of Leeds, Manchester or Sheffield where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via email@example.com