|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£39,957 — £45,018|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
|Closing date||1 December 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital are looking for a new Service Manager to join our team. You’ll help us design and deliver a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of services that are used by millions of people every day.
You’ll work on a highly visible and rewarding programme with the opportunity to craft and add to the direction of the service to bring to life our conscientious and revolutionary vision for our UK citizens;
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything you do – you’ll create a wraparound service for users, designing innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Find out what we’re working on and all about life at DWP Digital on our blog: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Service Manager for our large and complex flagship welfare reform programme, you’ll need a slightly different focus and approach to the norm.
You’re not an atypical Service Designer. You’re progressive and user-focused. You draw value from user analysis, and anticipate the problems and trends of tomorrow rather than just fixing the issue that is under your nose.
You see the big picture. You think holistically about an entire product/service journey, and that helps you identify potential issue and hot spots, now and in future, and mitigate against them.
We want a Service Designer who understands the benefit of investing in and building relationships with users and stakeholders, and bringing them along on the journey.
You will lead and manage a great team, embedded within multi-disciplinary development team, working together to analyse and resolve complex issues, and calling in support from other areas of our expert digital community. You will forge strong links from those teams to the Agent Support team that handle incidents, creating a ‘one team’ approach.
You’ll also have a role providing support, advice and guidance and training product support, and you’ll make sure that Products and Services are delivering value for money and meeting business and user requirements.
You’ll be joining a cooperative and collaborative team with a clear commitment and understanding of the impact of what they are doing, outcome and really making a difference to people. We are committed to your learning and development and will support with relevant qualifications and programmes.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- You are an expert in product and service design: You have detailed knowledge and understanding of Digital Products and Services and take a progressive view on design and problem solving
- You build big relationships: You can identify key stakeholders, and work with teams to build effective relationships. You understand how to work with stakeholders, deal with challenge, and maintain these relationships in order to get the job done.
- You’re a great communicator: You communicate clearly and concisely, and choose the right medium and style for your audience. You draw value and energy from interacting with others, and you can express ideas clearly and respectfully. You listen.
- You simply deliver: You have successfully developed and delivered products and services to a high standard. You set priorities, objectives and timescales. and deliver high quality outcomes that meet the customers’ needs and gives value for money. You identify risks, resolve issues and work with others to find ways to improve.
- You can solve it like Sherlock: You investigate problems and analyse options for new and existing services. You are confident in providing recommendations and solutions. You work with stakeholders to identify objectives, opportunities and potential benefits.
- You’re a leader and a role model: You know how to lead and manage people to deliver great results for DWP and our users. You reward, praise and role model positive behaviours, and you ensure everyone has a chance to make their ideas heard.
Details. Wages. Perks.
Your base will be in London. Find out more about the hub here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/london
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer competitive salary up to £45,018, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
- We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
You’ll be asked to complete a personal statement. Please use this opportunity to communicate your user analysis and user focused skills in looking after products and services. We would also welcome applications from any Product Owners and Business Analysts who can communicate the skills outlined and who think they can design a fully operational and seamless service for millions of users.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk