Number of vacancies
Up to £34,285
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
12 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Service Manager to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
Our Service Managers collaborate with experts from DWP Digital’s technical teams. We support teams and business areas to ensure products are delivered to agreed performance targets in a cost effective and timely manner.
You’ll promote service quality and improvements to the experience of our users. You’ll be the interface between Digital and third party suppliers, defining and articulating direction and working with suppliers to ensure delivery of services to meet business delivers best value.
All our Service Managers undertake a range of key service management duties including reporting, incident management, problem management, relationship management, performance improvement and management of services to agreed SLAs, working closely with all business areas across all levels to increase quality and drive improved end user satisfaction.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
Managing a Quality Service
- Work with stakeholders to set priorities, objectives and timescales.
- Successfully deliver high quality outcomes that meet the customers’ needs and gives value for money.
Communicating and Influencing
- Communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact
- Encourage the use of different communication methods, including digital resources and highlight the benefits, including ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Ensure colleagues and stakeholders have a clear understanding of objectives, activities and time-frames.
- Take into account different individual needs, views, and ideas, championing inclusion and equality of opportunity for all.
- Consider the impacts of own and team’s activities on stakeholders and end users.
Customer Service Management
- Resolves user requests to a minimum of the agreed service level agreement.
- Able to empathise with the end user.
- Uses customer-focused metrics to achieve a satisfying outcome.
Delivering at Pace
- Show a positive approach to keeping the whole team’s efforts focused on the top priorities.
- Ensure the most appropriate resources are available for colleagues to use to do their job effectively.
- Identifies key stakeholders and relationships and works with teams to build these.
- Understands how to work with stakeholders and contributes to improving these relationships.
Details. Workplace. Pay.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Blackpool.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £34,285 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com