Number of vacancies
Manchester OR Blackpool
£31,989 — £34,285 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
26 April 2021
We are looking for a Service Transition Manager who has…
• knowledge of service management, development, and delivery frameworks, structures and basic concepts (eg agile, ITIL, DevOps)
• the ability to support product and test teams, identifying the deliverables required for a successful release
• the skills to assess readiness for successful go-live
• an understanding of releases and deployments impact on the user experience
• the ability to communicate clearly and concisely using the best channel for an audience
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year. There are over 110,000 colleagues and agents working with us and, right now, helping us lead the response to Covid-19.
We’re driven by an extraordinary purpose, helping and changing the lives of some of the most vulnerable people in society.
In DWP Digital we’re transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for people when they need them the most.
Development. Work. Projects.
We want a Service Transition Manager to join our Technology Services community.
We provide the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate. Our purpose is to deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations that support DWP business objectives. We do this by putting users and quality of service at the heart of what we do.
Our team is made up of 1,500 colleagues working collaboratively across 10 portfolio-led teams in a fast-moving environment. We deliver an end-to-end suite of digital products and services that support DWP colleagues and citizens in an ever-evolving technology landscape
As our STM, you would be working closely with product and project teams, developers and testers, as well as end users. Providing tools and services to help product and project teams succeed. Taking releases from design, through testing and safely into production.
With a responsibility for release scheduling, planning, prioritisation, risk management and dependencies, you’ll ensure effective transition across multiple projects and divisions.
Supporting with the right level of knowledge and documentation, you’ll be responsible for issues until they are resolved.
Where will you work?
For this role, you’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Manchester OR Blackpool.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at each site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link