|Location||Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £32,844|
|Work hours||37 per week|
|Closing date||15 September 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Service Now Developer to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – DWP create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
As a ServiceNow Developer you will support the delivery of new configuration and functionality for ServiceNow. You know your way around Infrastructure Engineering, including related products and the main infrastructure technologies – Compute, Network, Storage.
It’s a varied and valued role. Here you’ll deliver new configuration and functionality to the ServiceNow Production, develop and complete stories, and escalate blockers, attend and participate in Agile ceremonies and Show and Tells (with Solution Consultant, Business Analysts and the System Admin team) and lots more.
You will be an intrinsic part of the wider Tooling Team. Working with TechNow Solution Consultants and Architects, alongside DWP internal teams and end user communities, you will deliver development work that is on time and hits the brief.
The work you do enables DWP Tooling to provide robust and modern enterprise strength capability, and that will mean DWP is better equipped to deliver products and services to the millions of people in the UK that rely on our services.
What are we looking for?
- You have experience of IT Infrastructure services or applications within a large scale organisation in any of build, operate or engineering contexts.
- You have experience of delivering solutions within an agile framework.
- You are great at troubleshooting and resolving complex issues across an enterprise tooling infrastructure, individually or as part of a team.
- You can communicate effectively at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and suppliers.
- You have ITIL qualifications or equivalent experience/skills.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in your choice of Newcastle, Manchester or Blackpool. Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We have great facilities on each site, whether the gym in Blackpool, the sports courts in Newcastle or the brilliant basement level bike lock-up and showers in Manchester city centre. Get in touch to find out more about your preferred location.
You’ll join DWP’s Infrastructure Services Tooling team. We’re responsible for deploying and managing a range of enterprise strength toolsets that manage the Departments IT Systems and IT Service Management capabilities. You’ll work with many talented and committed people who want to be the best at what they do. We offer career-enhancing roles which apply the latest technologies and techniques to meaningful, high profile work. Our people also enjoy the security, flexibility and work-life balance that a brilliant civil service offers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £32,844, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: This advert links through to a vacancy called Infrastructure Engineer – Service Now. That is the correct advert; this vacancy is part of a family of jobs with the Infrastructure/Service Now team that we are currently advertising