Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield
Up to £78,605
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
20 July 2020
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital’s Tech Services Team is looking for talented, leadership level Site Reliability Engineers to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
We’re living in extraordinary times, with unprecedented need for DWP products and services in our communities. So it’s never been more important for us to hire people like you, with the expert skills and values we need to power this once-in-a-generation tech revolution.
With our users at the heart of everything we do, together we’ll make our services, more efficient to develop, more scalable, and more available to the people who need them.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an enabling role for DWP’s Digital Transformation, bringing a focus on application reliability and operational efficiency that will help us achieve our goals. We want to provide constant availability, deliver service Excellence, drive down costs and risks, provide actionable insight and visibility, and streamline change.
Our SRE’s combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
For us, SRE is about applying software engineering principles and practices to the world of service delivery and operations. It’s about prioritising reliability over new features, making sure services are stable, secure and performant for when our users need them most. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of get in touch.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
DWP operate a Hybrid Cloud Platform incorporating Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and On Premise Hosting (OPH). In this role you’ll need to have:
- Experience with application and use of the Azure specific skills.
- Demonstrable experience with ARM template, OMS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Functions
- Experience with with logic apps Event Hubs
- Experience with Application Insights
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar ITIL tools
- Experience with Dynatrace or similar APM tools
- Significant experience with Containers, Dockers and Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile/DevOps delivery methodologies and best practice.
- Experience with CI/CD, Product Development Lifecycles, Cloud technologies and platform Integration.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join our team in your choice of of our digital hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield.
We’re easy-to-reach with great facilities. To find out a bit more take a look here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/dwp-digital-hub-locations
We have the tools, tech and culture we need to work flexibly. At the moment Covid-19 means that a lot of us are working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £78,605, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. Get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org