|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle & Sheffield|
|Salary||£49,171 — Up to £74,589|
|Work hours||37 per week|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||4 November 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented engineer with experience in mobile services to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
This is an opportunity to work in a unique context using the latest technologies including AWS, cloud based VPN, latest monitoring tools and mobile device management platforms.
You’ll work in a product based environment where the team has a freedom and responsibility to drive the direction of the product and deliver results which enable better outcomes for millions of people that use DWP services.
Duties. Work. Projects
You’ll join our empowered multi-disciplinary engineering team as part of DWP’s Mobile Services product. Our team is responsible for the deployment, configuration and management of the mobile platform using the latest technologies and tooling.
We define and deliver a mobility strategy which looks at how the DWP can support an increasingly mobile workforce, improve user experience, and increase productivity across a variety of device platforms and sizes.
As one of our Site Reliability Engineers you’ll provide a fundamental design and implementation function for us, in collaboration with other experts from across our Architecture and Engineering communities.
You’ll make sure that changes are delivered in automated and reliable manner to minimise impact on services. And you’ll seek out new ways to work and improvements to processes and practices.
What skills, knowledge and experience do you need?
- Experience of engineering in cloud based environments and platforms.
- Experience in AWS cloud hosting (EC2, auto scaling groups and rules, security groups, IAM roles and policies, load balancing, target groups, CloudWatch and CloudTrail).
- Good understanding of IPv4 and IPv6 networking with the ability to diagnose, define and implement DNS and routing changes effectively in a zero trust architecture.
- Experience with building and operating highly secure available solutions, demonstrated through effective chaos engineering (e.g. chaos toolkit).
- Experience with enterprise system monitoring tools like Datadog, Dynatrace, or Splunk.
- Experience working with immutable infrastructure, version control, infrastructure as code, and containerisation tools such as git, terraform, ansible, and docker.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield.
Find out more about our working in our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £74,589, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.