|Number of vacancies||3|
|Location||Manchester & Sheffield|
|Salary||£35,310 — up to £62,183|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
Civil Service Pension, generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||19 October 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re hiring at working and senior levels. They’re each hands-on roles, but with greater emphasis on leadership, management and strategy in the more senior role. We’re especially interested if you have experience in banking, gaming or any industry where customer identity and security is important.
Do you want to make a real difference to the way the society you live in works? Do you want to work with some of the most innovative thought leaders in Identity and Access Management? Then you need to be working for DWP Digital on Identity.
Digital Identity will be a long running project that will only get bigger. There is huge opportunity for exposure and progression, and some genuinely unique and crunchy engineering problems to solve.
Come and help us shape the future. Click apply now.
Dynamic Trust. Writing Code. Passwordless Access.
What will you be working on?
Digital Identity is arguably one of the most defining aspects of our modern society. It is the gatekeeper to essential services such as banking, transport, education and, increasingly, to our welfare services.
It’s easy to take Identity for granted but many of our most vulnerable citizens struggle to prove they are who they say they are. On DWP’s Digital Identity & Trust team, we work to increase access to the services people rely on, reducing barriers to digital and other channels, and increasing the trust between us and our users.
From a technology perspective, we are at the forefront of the government’s drive to improve the UK’s complex digital identity approach.
We are involved in projects and concepts including Zero Knowledge Information Exchange, Distributed Identifiers, Immutable Transaction Logging, Federated Credential Management, Passwordless Access, Federated Identity Claims and Tokenised Identity Proofs.
And we are building a “Dynamic Trust Hub’, a collection of interoperable capabilities that work together to provide high quality, personalised and friction-free journeys through the hundreds of potential customer pathways that the Department offers.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure
- Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
- SQL and noSQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL and MongoDB
- Distributed version control systems such as Git
- Containerisation – tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in either Manchester or Sheffield. Find out more about our working in our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £62,183, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.