|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £49,482|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…
|Closing date||6 December 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for Solaris Server Support Engineer to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
• Act as 2nd/3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to solutions and services.
• Provide specialist technical support and assistance to projects ensuring delivery of requisite non- functional requirements and to continual service improvement.
• Responsible for preparations and support of IT Operations solutions and services, physical or virtual, according to industry and organisational best practices standards, service requirements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) throughout the lifecycle.
• Provide technical support and assistance to projects.
• Coach and mentor junior team members and assist in the delivery of provision of first class service, and consistent levels of capability available as required by the organisation.
What are we looking for?
• Manage and maintain hardware and software such as Solaris 10/11 and M-7 &T-7 hardware.
• Experience with physical domains, logical domains, Solaris zones, clustering and related Solaris technologies.
• Experience with installations and provisioning
• Experience in hosting operations such as incident, problem and change management.
• Experience in managing and maintaining hosting services in large scale organisations.
• Experience of the main Infrastructure technologies – Compute, Network, Storage.
• Experience of hosting security products and countermeasure techniques, including firewalls, server hardening, encryption and authentication techniques.
• Knowledge of server virtualisation, across multiple hypervisors including Open Stack, HyperV and Oracle Virtual Machines.
• Experience of wider operating systems, including Microsoft Windows Server, Redhat Linux, AIX or iSeries.
• Experience/knowledge in Cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
• Significant experience in influencing design and engineering decisions around hosting infrastructure.
• Experience in vSANS and vHBAs
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle.
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £49,482
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
• Learning, development, coaching and more opportunities to grow
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via email@example.com