|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Blackpool and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £43,653|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more’.
|Closing date||18 October 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for Storage Engineer (Infrastructure Operations) to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
As a Storage Engineer in BPDTS, you’ll be working with predominantly HPE 3PAR, NetApp, CISCO SAN, EMC VMAX, EMC Powermax.
You will be part of a wider team who are critical in supporting and maintaining the infrastructure across the DWP estate. This in turn allows DWP users to provide services to millions of vulnerable UK citizens.
You will be mentored and coached by others in the team and in turn will be a good team player yourself to help backup the existing sense of ccommunity and collaboration.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- SAN switch technology management, storage provisioning, LUN masking, zoning, performance management, and volume management
- Strong performance troubleshooting of EMC VMAX, Solutions Enabler, System Reporter, 3PAR cli
- NAS technology experience with HPE 3PAR file persona and NetApp 7 including DR and Snapvault/Snapmirror data replication strategies
- Understanding of how server behaviours and IO load patterns affect storage (LUN Q-Depth, multipathing, application IO size, etc…)
- Hands on experience managing Storage for both Physical and Virtual servers
- Knowledge of data migrations from traditional, Tech Refreshe
- CISCO Fabric administration and troubleshooting
- You have knowledge of complex storage infrastructure and able to provide technical leadership during major incidents
- Experience of developing strategy and implementing best practice frameworks for measuring, monitoring and reporting of operational performance
- Experience of implementing, managing and supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and operational requirements
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Blackpool or Newcastle. Find out more about your preferred location here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Each hub has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £43,653
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
- We’ll invest in your learning, development and career progression
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV. If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via email@example.com