|Number of vacancies||14|
|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £39,087|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||22 August 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for Test Engineer to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
Our Test Engineers build and deliver comprehensive, robust and reliable automated test frameworks and automation suites to provide full coverage across a range of really important projects and programmes.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
As Test Engineer you will be responsible for the testing of applications which make up services that millions of people in the UK rely on every day.
The work you’ll do will include defining the appropriate depth and breadth of testing using a risk based approach, and ensuring the stability, robustness and reliability of test suites. You will work with other teams and stakeholder within the Software Development Lifecycle to make sure everything is properly aligned.
You’ll across a variety of project teams and services within our portfolio. The Test Engineer will also lead the team and perform some management duties ,will do execution plans , defect management and sprint planning, they arrange for deployments and make sure the environments up to date and liaise with delivery management
Your other duties will include:
- Build and deliver comprehensive, robust and reliable automated test frameworks and automation suites to provide full coverage of business requirements.
- Design, build and maintain an effective test infrastructure.
- Identify and drive resolution of defects or issues preventing delivery of Test Engineering activities.
- Review the test suite and update the code base to reflect current best practices and reduce technical debt.
- Develop and maintain reusable libraries and services.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation within the test automation code base.
- Communicate with other teams and share technical resources, knowledge and lessons learned
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of the latest technical test tools and where it would be beneficial to apply them including Java, Selenium and Cucumber.
- Able to work independently on the creation of automation tests from the front/UI through to the backend and API’s.
- Able to work independently on running automation tests through integration pipelines, not just manually cranking them.
- Ensure that usability, accessibility, security, stability and capacity are embedded in the development of citizen services.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary Agile Team understand Agile delivery principles, methodology and tools.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. Our central hubs have the best of their locations on the doorstep and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, gym facilities and loads more. Get in touch to find out more about your chosen location
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary Up to £39,087, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, coaching, mentoring, networking, career progression and lots more
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com