|Salary||Up to £39,674|
Brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||7 January 2020|
If you’re creative and skilled, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP are looking for Test Engineer to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Our Test Engineering community is absolutely central to making sure that the products and services we design and deliver, to the people that need them most, are the best they can be.
You and your role
In this role you will work as a member of the VMER OSMP Product Delivery Unit. Work involves Test Preparation and execution of Linux/Oracle based applications with focus on interfaces with the remediated Common Payments Package (CPP-R) and the OSMP Framework.
Test Tools that you’ll use include ALM for Test Preparation, Test Execution and Defect Management, UFT for Test Automation and Loadrunner for Performance Testing.
You will also…
- Perform risk based Test analysis to identify Test Scenarios/Cases from Requirements.
- Input to Test Plans.
- Prepare test cases in ALM and automation of test cases in UFT.
- Execute and monitor progress on agreed test cases within ALM.
- Run batch jobs in Autosys as part of Test Execution.
- Interrogate Oracle Databases and files as part of checking of Expected Results.
- Raise/Manage defects/re-tests for failed tests.
- Liaise with external parties to coordinate testing.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Good Technical skills ideally both in VME (IDSMX, PXS etc) and on Linux (Oracle, SQL, Autosys)
- Business Knowledge to understand/document Test Requirements.
- Good Knowledge of Test Automation and UFT.
- Test Scripting/Test Execution experience.
- Nice to have Performance Test Experience using tools such as LoadRunner.
- Previous experience of VME applications e.g. JSAPS, DLACS, ISCS, PSCS, IICS.
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in our digital hub in Blackpool where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674 ,a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more..
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via email@example.com