|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£34,448 — £39,674|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Closing date||2 April 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is a great time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way we deliver our services to our customers and transforming the way we design, build and test these services. We are committed to moving away from Waterfall Development to embracing Agile Principles and Agile Delivery Methodology working in collaborative and Autonomous Teams embracing iterative development and incremental delivery of customer centric products and services.
We want a Test Engineer to come and work with is on a number of different Projects in the North East. We want people with skills in a range of testing disciplines, including functional, performance, security, and accessibility, and people who have good knowledge of Test Automation.
Our Newcastle-based teams are already transforming the services we provide for people approaching retirement age. This has enabled us to change the way people interact with DWP, empowering people to become self-sufficient and better informed about their pension entitlement. We are looking to apply the same approach and vision across all the benefits and services we provide to the millions of people that use and rely on DWP services.
Here you will be responsible for delivering real value to both citizens and our brilliant frontline DWP colleagues. In the Testing Practice we are developing our capability through the use of automation, agile principles, and implementing modern tools and technologies to deliver the best quality services, and we’re committed to helping our testers be at their very best, whether that means formal training, coaching or just working alongside experts from across the Test, Engineering and Digital communities.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Knowledge of the latest technical test tools and where it would be beneficial to apply them including Java, Selenium and Cucumber.
- Able to work independently on the creation of automation tests from the front/UI through to the backend and API’s.
- Able to work independently on running automation tests through integration pipelines, not just manually cranking them.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary Agile Team understand Agile delivery principles, methodology and tools.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our brilliant team in our Newcastle hub, just a really short walk from Longbenton Metro. It’s probably the site with the best and broadest range of facilities.
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
At DWP Digital we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org