|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||up to £44,853|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus, and lots more.
|Closing date||3 July 2020|
Test Engineer, BPDTS Ltd: Up to £44,853, plus employer pension contributions, a performance related annual bonus and in-year rewards, and great work/life balance
BPDTS. Digital People.
We are looking for great Test Engineers to join our Manchester team. If you have expertise in a range of testing disciplines, including automation, functional, performance, security, and accessibility, then we want to hear from you.
In BPDTS our people are our biggest asset. We harness and develop their expertise so we can design, build and run secure and intuitive digital services used by 20 million UK citizens, often during critical times in their lives. In these extraordinary times, our work has never been more important.
Our Project. Your mission.
Our agile multi-disciplinary teams are already transforming services for users. Part of our challenge is to digitise and create great customer journeys and user interface. You will be working in system integration where new digital front ends connect to legacy systems.
We’re building a talented, knowledgeable and flexible team of test experts who can work across front end web, APIs, UI testing, back end integration testing and lots more. The right test methodology for the right situation.
In the BPDTS Testing Practice we are developing our capability through the use of automation, agile principles, and modern tools and technologies to deliver the best quality services. And we’re committed to helping our testers be at their very best, whether that means formal training, coaching or just working alongside experts from across the Test, Engineering and Digital communities.
You can watch Stuart Taylor our Engineering Practice Lead talk more about the Engineering community @ BPDTS here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rluPdoDscE&feature=youtu.be
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders.
- Proven ability to test interfaces between systems.
- Able to identify test process optimisation opportunities and contribute to process optimisation.
- Experience of utilising and implementing Test Engineering best practises and tools including HPW UFT 12.5+, Selenium v2.53.1+, Jenkins v2.11+.
- Experience of Continuous Integration – Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT) Familiar with Agile Delivery Methodologies.
- Aware of performance and security test tools like LoadRunner, JMeter and Burp Suite Pro.
- It’s also helpful if you have experience of collaboration tools like Jira and Slack, if you have experience of Behaviour Driven Development and experience of testing within a microservice architecture environment
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub on St Peter’s Square, Manchester. Find out more about working in our Manchester here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/manchester
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £44,853
- You will be eligible for an Aviva Master Trust pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus and in-year reward ad recognition
- We’ll help you balance your life and work with flexible working and family friendly policies
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance starting and 25 days and rising to 30, with the option to buy and sell extra days each year.
- We’ll help you work as you learn with access to coaching, training, structured development and career progression opportunities, as part of a dedicated community of practice.
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme, employee discounts, income protection, life assurance and lots more – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk