|Location||Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £40,666|
|Work hours||37 pw|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||15 July 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for talented Test Engineers to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of services used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
We’re living in extraordinary times, with unprecedented need for people to access the support and services DWP provide. It’s never been more important for our digital products and services to be accessible, robust and available. The work we do in our Test Engineering community has never been more critical.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
You’ll be testing applications which make up services used by people across the UK. You’ll have the skill and experience to define the appropriate depth and breadth of testing. You’ll take a risk-based approach, and ensure the stability, robustness and reliability of test suites.
Working as part of our multi-disciplinary, agile Integration Technologies team, you will ensure that system APIs are thoroughly tested for function, performance, and security.
You’ll be part of a brilliant Test Engineering community. Together we’re developing our capability through the use of automation, agile principles, and implementing modern tools and technologies to deliver high quality services and user experiences.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- You have a good understanding of development tools and processes.
- You can test interfaces between systems, with a complete understanding of the SDLC.
- You can to identify test process optimisation opportunities and contribute to process optimisation.
- You have modified and maintained test suites.
- You’ve worked in environments using different delivery methods; Agile, Iterative, Waterfall.
- You have knowledge of version control systems, ideally git.
- You have a basic knowledge of macOS X and Unix commands.
- You have a basic understanding of Automation Frameworks and tools, in particular Cucumber
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of digital hubs in Manchester, Blackpool or Newcastle. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application on civil service jobs.