|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£35,310 — Up to £40,666|
|Incentive compensation||+ Pension|
|Work hours||37 per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||1 December 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Test Engineer to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a test engineer you will help build and assure applications used by our brilliant DWP frontline colleagues and the millions of people who access our support and services.
You will work as part of multi-disciplinary agile delivery team, where you’ll have an important role of designing and building automated test solutions that enable the department to deliver quality services consistently that meet the needs of our agents and claimants.
Like us you will enjoy collaborating with others, and seeking input from colleagues. Our multidisciplinary teams prioritise good ideas and input over hierarchy and job titles.
Our Test Engineers build automation test solutions that help to assure quality in design and delivery of products that make up DWP’s digital services. You’ll be responsible for testing all areas of these products including functional, business requirements, performance, security and accessibility.
You will work alongside other engineers both within the teams around you and the wider community to deliver consistent solutions and strategies.
We value your insight and input. You will have chance to challenge current processes and help improve the ways of working, as well as identifying tooling that will drive innovation and constant improvement of both testing and products.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders
- Agile Methodologies – with experience of BDD (behaviour driven development) and TDD (test driven development) processes, and an understanding of the key principles to develop a modern standards approach to testing.
- Experience in the development of automated test suites and tools including Java, Selenium v3.14.1+, Cucumber , Jenkins v2.11+
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery – Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT).
- An understanding of the following test phases and standards associated to Performance Test, Accessibility Test, Security Test and Compatibility Test.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/Manchester
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com