Number of vacancies
Leeds OR Newcastle-upon-Tyne
£35,310 — up to £40,666 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
8 April 2021
- Do you want to use your testing and coding skills to be part of a team which delivers real value to people during difficult times of their lives?
- Do you have experience of Cloud-based testing e.g. application hosted in AWS / Azure?
- Are you proficient with functional automation testing tools like Selenium and performance testing tools like JMeter and Blazemeter?
- Do you have experience of Behavioural Driven Development & Test Driven Development practices?
- Do you have experience of working in an Agile environment, and understand Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery practices and tools like Gitlab CI, Jenkins?
YES? Then click APPLY NOW. We’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a Test Engineer to join our Working Age team.
Our team’s role is to introduce a new service to help the most disadvantaged in society to get work. We work in partnership with regional representatives and external providers in providing skills training across the UK.
We are a newly formed and highly motivated digital multi-disciplinary team working in agile ways to build the best services to meet our users’ needs.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year. There are over 110,000 colleagues and agents working with us and, right now.
We’re driven by an extraordinary purpose. In DWP Digital we’re transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for the people who need them.
And our pension offer is amazing – with circa 27% contributions from your employer – so you’re working towards a better future for you and your family while you’re helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also want to ensure our people have a really good work/life balance. You’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You’ll use your skills as a Test Engineer to transform how people experience our digital services. You’ll build automation test solutions that assure quality of new functions and products which will change the face of public services.
You will work alongside other engineer experts from across DWP Digital to deliver consistent solutions and strategies. You’ll test all areas of our products for functionality, business requirements, performance, security and accessibility.
We value your expertise and ideas. We actively encourage you to challenge current processes and help improve our ways of working and to help find best fit and emerging test tooling
Where will you work?
For this role, you’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Leeds OR Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at each site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link