Number of vacancies
Up To £45,018
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
21 April 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for a talented Test Engineer to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
You’ll join a growing community of digital experts – DWP Digital.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies we create innovative, scalable, user-centric digital solutions that really work for our 22 million users and our amazing DWP colleagues.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
Based in our London hub, right at the heart of government, you will be working as part of a friendly, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team. You’ll have an integral role designing and building test solutions that deliver quality service to our agents and claimants
You’ll add your Test Engineering experience to an expert team who are driven by a unique purpose. We don’t have shareholders to please, or a profit motive. We want to use technology to help people transform their lives and access the support they need.
We respect your expert voice, and you’ll shape how we work by finding new ways to adapt testing processes and by helping others embrace new ways of working.
If you have excellent attention to detail, a commitment to quality and a belief in the benefits of faster feedback in order to manage a well assured service you’ll fit right in.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders.
• Agile Methodologies – with experience of BDD (behaviour driven development) and TDD (test driven development) processes, and an understanding of the key principles to develop a modern standards approach to testing.
• Experience in the development of automated test suites and tools including Java, Selenium v3.14.1+, Cucumber , Jenkins v2.11+ .
• Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery – Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT).
• An understanding of the following test phases and standards associated to Performance Test, Accessibility Test, Security Test and Compatibility Test.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in central London: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £45,018 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org