Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Leeds or Newcastle-upon-Tyne
£35,310 — £40,666 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
7 May 2021
• Do you want to use your testing and coding skills to be part of a team which delivers real value to people during difficult times of their lives?
• Do you have experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment – delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior stakeholders?
• Are you proficient and have an understanding of phases and standards associated to Performance Test, Accessibility Test, Security Test and Compatibility Test?
• Do you have experience of Behavioural Driven Development & Test Driven Development practices?
• Do you have experience of working in an Agile environment, and understand Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery practices and tools like Gitlab CI, Jenkins?
YES? Click APPLY NOW. We’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for Test Engineers who would like to be part of a team delivering real value to people that need help during the most difficult times of their lives.
You will be part of creating the Governments flagship welfare reform programme, that will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year. There are over 110,000 colleagues and agents working with us and, right now.
We’re driven by an extraordinary purpose. In DWP Digital we’re transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for the people who need them.
And our pension offer is amazing – with circa 27% contributions from your employer – so you’re working towards a better future for you and your family while you’re helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also want to ensure our people have a really good work/life balance. You’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You’ll use your skills as a Test Engineer to build and assure applications used by DWP staff and claimants. You will be part of a multi-functional agile delivery team, you will be an integral part of designing and building automated test solutions that enable the department to deliver quality services consistently that meet the needs of our agents and claimants.
You will be expected to collaborate with others, actively seeking input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Providing support to other members of the team, you will build a re-usable strategy for assuring the quality of the services that the department delivers.
Where will you work?
For this role, you’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds or Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at the site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link