|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||up to 43,646|
|Employment type||Full Time|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||15 July 2019|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for skilled Test Engineers to work with us on one of the biggest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
As a BPDTS Test Engineer you will be responsible for the testing of products and services used by millions of people in the UK. The work you will do to ensure products are fit for purpose has the power to positively impact some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
Here you will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you test, and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of those products.
You know when and how to test, and you’re comfortable with a risk-based approach. And you’ll fit in with our friendly, driven team Test Engineering teams in Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield and Newcastle.
What are we looking for?
- You have experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders
- You’re able to test interfaces between systems
- You can identify test process optimisation opportunities and contribute to process optimisation.
- You utilise and implement Test Engineering best practises and tools including HPW UFT 12.5+, Seleniuum v2.53.1+, Jenkins v2.11.
- You have experience of Continuous Integration – Methodology and tools (i.e. GIT)
- Familiar with Agile Delivery Methodologies
It’s also great if…
- You have experience of working with Test Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack
- You’ve used behaviour Driven Development tools
- You’ve experience of modifying and maintaining tests developed by other Associate and Test Engineers
- You have tested software within a Micro-Service architecture
- You’ve worked in environments using different delivery methods; Agile, Iterative, Waterfall
- You are aware of Performance Test Tools including HPE Loadrunner v12.53+, JMeter v3.0
- You’re aware of Security test tools including Burp Suite Pro v1.6 or higher, OWASP ZAP 2.4.3 or higher, Nessus/Tenable v5.0 or higher
- You have an awareness of accessibility standards – WCAG (v2.0) and EN (301 549)
Don’t worry if you don’t have some/all of these though, there will be loads of opportunities to learn new skills on the job here, and loads of talented colleagues to learn from.
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Leeds. Our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things. Get in touch to find out more about our great sites and the facilities you’ll enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £43,646
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For further information click apply or contact email@example.com