|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||up to £43,298|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
|Closing date||20 August 2019|
If you’re creative with a passion for learning new things, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring your ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented User Researchers to join DWP’s Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms (DDSP) project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation tech-driven reform of government products and services.
What is DDSP?
Digital Delivery for Shared Platforms evolves and transforms some of the most critical systems in DWP, unleashing the potential of Digital services to reduce overheads, cost and friction for citizen and agent-facing services.
You’ll join one of our great teams in Integration Technologies, Payment Services or Citizen Information. We all work together to enable the successful delivery of services across DWP.
• Integration Technologies: We’re implementing an Application Programming Interface (API) led integration strategy to create products to drive frictionless data sharing across DWP and other government departments.
• Payment Services: Our team is innovating and deploying industry shaping Fintech, facilitating around 32% of the BACS payment transactions in the UK’s payments infrastructure serving some 22m citizens, who collectively receive a total of £170bn in payments annually.
• Citizen Information: We’re maintaining and protecting the personal records of 110 million people, to create faster and more efficient bulk data sharing, more accurate benefit assessments and better debt recovery across DWP and beyond.
You and your role
You deliver analysis and information that addresses stakeholder needs and provides recommendations.
Collaborating with user researchers and other user-focused professions, you will guide others on approaches to understand user stories.
You have experience in applying Agile principles in practice. Able to provide a clear, open and transparent framework in which teams can deliver. With an awareness of Agile tools and how to use them intelligently.
Visualising and making visible the work of the team, you are resilient and have the ability to see outside of the process.
What are we looking for?
* You have an understanding and experience of basic user research methods. You know when to use those methods and how to apply them correctly.
* You know how to involve teams in research activities.
* You can align user research activities to inform decision making and action.
* You are able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
* You have the ability to identify and understand constraints, communicating these and working within them.
* You are able to challenge the validity of constraints, ensuring standards are being met.
* You can align user research activities to help teams understand changing user behaviour.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our teams in Manchester or Newcastle.
In DDSP we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via email@example.com