Develop your technical skills on the job
You’ll focus on implementing and facilitating a DevOps culture in DWP Digital. And help to deliver services to 22 million people in the UK. You’ll learn:
- common practices while working in a DevOps environment, including agile, scrum, continuous integration, deployment and delivery of a product.
- networking and security principles both generally and within a DevOps context.
- DevOps tools and technologies.
- how to develop and architect infrastructure and automation pipelines.
- engineering skills to create automated, verifiable infrastructure and pipelines.
You’ll work with colleagues and other digital specialists to:
- focus efforts into building things that people need.
- bring about changes and improvements to organisations.
- help improve how citizens interact with government.
- break down complex information into easier to understand chunks.
You’ll learn business analyst skills like business process modelling, requirements engineering and management, stakeholder analysis and investigation techniques. You’ll build your experience under the guidance of other business analysts and through the support of a wider network of professionals.
You’ll gain technical skills in IP-Based network switching systems, network design, information security, hybrid cloud computing and cyber security. You’ll learn about data communications and network security, developing a technology strategy and systems development.
You’ll work in our technology services team which is a large-scale and fast-paced environment where you’ll help to build a world-class performance-focused user experience control centre, and help to drive forward DWP’s digital transformation.
You’ll design, develop, code, test, correct and document simple programs and scripts, with the support of your team. We’ll also develop your understanding of user-centred design, user experience analysis and its principles.