Number of vacancies
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
21 January 2020
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our award-winning Intelligent Automation Garage and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the work and lives of brilliant DWP colleagues and our 22 million users.
You and your role
As a Senior Intelligent Automation Infrastructure Engineer you will lead a team (3 – 4 team members) responsible for the design, build and run of AWS-hosted infrastructure for DWP’s Intelligent Automation Garage.
You will ensure that the infrastructure enabling and supporting the IAG services is scalable, reliable, safe and provide maximum value for money for DWP – a critical role in the team.
Find out a bit more about our Intelligent Automation Garage and the work we’re doing here: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/2018/04/23/how-we-are-using-robotics-and-intelligent-automation/
What skills and experience are we looking for?
Essential Criteria :
Demonstrable experience in the following :
• Cloud Formation / Infrastructure as code
• Live Service Management
• Database HA
• Encryption/ Encryption At Rest
• AWS (Associate Level or above) Certification Essential – you will be asked to provide copies of certificates at interview.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle. Find out more here:
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £60,323, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions over 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
• Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org