|Salary||Up to £71,561|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||5 February 2020|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
You and your role
Our Sheffield hub is home to our Identity Services team, who work at the cutting edge of verification and authentication technologies. We use access security tools such as OAuth and IAM, and a host of open source solutions, to improve the way users access, share and manage their data through technology.
You’ll lead teams of software engineers, providing coaching, direction and technical leadership and guidance. We want you to be at your best, so we want you to work in a way that you know fits you best. And we’ll support you and your teams however we can.
We write code to create applications and infrastructure, with automated and manual testing being used to make sure it works, is high quality and bug free. We use cutting-edge design, data and a full range of innovative technologies to try out new ideas, experiment, iterate and innovate at pace.
We’re delivering against a huge agenda of change and it can be challenging so, like us, you’ll need to love what you do, love learning new tricks and love inspiring and leading others.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of implementing Software Engineering best practices and governing them.
- Experience of using a modern standards approach and guide others in doing so, including leading Software Engineers in test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks.
- Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture and an understanding of appropriate utilisation. As well as building public facing and internal REST.
- Ability to define approaches to understanding users stories and guides others in doing so.
- Experience working with a technical architect to specify the architecture and technical approach for the product being developed.
- Experience of leading multiple Software Engineer teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales and working alongside multiple senior Stakeholders.
- Experience co-ordinating build activities across systems and integration testing. And being able to identify and implement opportunities to optimise the software development process.
- Distributed version control systems such as Git
- Developing on cloud based environments
- SQL and no-SQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB, and spring (Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Batch).
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our brilliant new digital hub in Sheffield. Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Find out more about our hub and the facilities here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/sheffield/
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £71,561
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
Get in touch with me via email@example.com if you have any questions or you’d like to have chat about this role and what we do here at BPDTS.