|Number of vacancies||5|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||31 March 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP are looking for brilliant Test Engineers to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
About you and your role:
We’re looking for outstanding Test Engineers who want to contribute to demanding and exciting digital services for the UK government. You’ll be part of creating the a flagship welfare reform programme, one that will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
Our Engineers build and run automated application tests, and other forms of testing, as part of multi-functional agile delivery teams. We want to hear from you if you are excited by problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. Like us, you value knowledge and skill over hierarchy. You’re happy to collaborate and share with the right people at the right time, taking value from others and actively seeking input from your colleagues.
As a Test Engineer you’ll test applications which form, or will soon become, services used by millions of people in the UK. You’ve got the knowledge and experience to work out the appropriate depth and breadth of testing using a risk based approach. You will work with other teams, and with experts from across different disciplines including Software Development, to ensure that our technical solutions are aligned.
Our Test Engineers ensure that usability, accessibility, security, stability and capacity are embedded in the development of citizen services. You know the latest technical test tools and understand the right time to apply them. You will ensure the stability, robustness and reliability of test suites used across DWP.
Other duties include:
- Build and deliver comprehensive, robust and reliable automated test frameworks and automation suites to provide full coverage of business requirements.
- Design, build and maintain an effective test infrastructure.
- Review the test suite and update the code base to reflect current best practices and reduce technical debt.
- Communicate with other teams and share technical resources, knowledge and lessons learned.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary Agile Team understand Agile delivery principles, methodology and tools.
- Contribute to the setup and working methods for continuous integration, delivery and deployment practices.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
We’re looking for people with experience of functional testing and agile methods and principles. You will be able to demonstrate the following technical skills listed below:
- Non-Functional Testing
- Testing Methods and Tools
- Test Analysis
- Test Infrastructure
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in London. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/london/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £43,920, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com